12 Kasım 2012 Pazartesi

cazyap process so far _ birth & life



In first weeks, everyone in the class came up with fictional names for fictional companies. Chosen ones were; Cazyap (jazz bar), Giderayak (travel agency) and Ali Cengiz (game design company). I went with cazyap because i do have an interest in jazz music and that i thought there were little goods that i could design besides the typeface and the logo such as glasses, menu, shot bars, cds.. At the very beginning i really had fun with it by trying different typefaces that i saw on internet. I worked by hand, made some sketches on what may be the logo. I didn't put jazz instrument metaphors in logotypes but the instruments, the smoke, the cool air of the music were always in my mind. ( Turned out that direct connections were useless. Indeed. ) Initial trials, here they are;





The one at the top, i found this typeface on behance. I liked it a lot actually since its very elegant and old chic. And at the bottom one i drew randomly while sitting on my couch.


At first i wrote cazyap with very edged letters that i randomly drew with my ruler. 

I made this sketch, i randomly put some triangles into the letters and drew a possible logo. But the outcome was not good at all.




For possible logo choices, i thought of a heart which is combined with a trumpet. I wanted to combine the soul of jazz with its own basic instruments.




After week one, i went back to the metaphorical roots and not surprisingly i put some saxophones, trumpet metaphors next to logotype. I directly put some stripes as i thought them to represent rythm of jazz music. Then Elif Ayiter forced me to realise that referring to direct connections were simply stupid. Here's my stupidity examples;










I decided to stay away from all the metaphors but clearly not from stripes (don't know why). This time i also inspired from trumpet tubes. I tried to make connections between words, their shapes, tried to make them look like a unity.


1.


2.


3.


4.



5.

6.



This is the one that Elif Ayiter told me to go on with. I have to admit, i didn't expect that she'd choose this one. I personally liked very much number 1 and number 4. But she said that the round relation and the edged relation of words are a good contrast and thanks to the way i grouped the words and the typeface i chose, the relation strikes out pretty quickly. So i'll make some variations of this one in next couple of days.



After Elif Ayiter picked this one, i started to work on this one particularly. I made several variations but i sticked with the grouping of c+a, z+y and a+p. There you go the last variations of cazyap;













Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder